Definition of improvement in English:
- Latin American markets have also been boosted by improvements in their domestic economies.
- Eden District Council said the development would also bring improvements to the road.
- It is hoped that the results will help them find out how to make improvements and developments.
- It's clear that there is significant room for improvement here without spending vast amounts of public money.
- But from what you've all been saying there's clearly a lot of room for improvement across the board.
- Police watchdogs in Lancashire have reported a good year across the county, but with room for improvement.
- Overall 29 per cent of crimes in Wiltshire were detected, an improvement on last year.
- This was a vast improvement on their awful form in the Connacht Final against Mayo in Castlebar.
- In general farmers agree the weather is an improvement on last summer when rain was non-stop.
The early spelling was emprowement used to mean ‘profitable management, profit’. It derives from Anglo-Norman French, based on Old French prou ‘profit’, ultimately from Latin prodest ‘is of advantage’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.