- (In Hawaii) an underground oven in which meat and vegetables are cooked, traditionally by means of heated stones covered with vegetation: kalua pig is usually the centrepiece of a Hawaiian luau, where it is cooked in an imuMore example sentences
- The Hawaiian imu is a familiar site to luau lovers; it's a pit filled with hot rocks that effectively roasts the food (in this instance, pork).
- Guests can see a pig placed in the imu, or pit, with hot rocks and banana leaves, at 1 p.m. and then watch it taken out, roasted to perfection, at 6 p.m.
- The taro was baked in an earth oven (an imu), then pounded with a stone pounder on a large wooden poi board.
More definitions of imuDefinition of imu in:
- The US English dictionary