- 1Working or ready to work; established: contingency plans should be in place the rules which we shall put in place in the months ahead meet these criteriaMore example sentences
- It is hoped that a new model to calculate fees will be established and in place by next year.
- Once my furnishings were in place and the draperies ordered it was too late to change my mind anyway.
- Arrangements would be put in place to make sure he was kept away from patients who did not wish to see him.
More definitions of in placeDefinition of in place in:
- The US English dictionary