- In the legal case of; with regard to: the decision of the Court of Appeal in re Midland Railway Co’s AgreementMore example sentences
- I agree with Jonathan Parker J's judgment in re Barings at page 493 that s.3 of the 1972 Act does not render relevant that which is irrelevant.
- As Brightman J's decision in re H.R. Paul & Son Ltd, 118 SJ 166 shows, the quorum provisions cannot be regarded as conferring upon the second respondent some form of veto as being his entitlement.
- The same approach was adopted by the House of Lords in re Ismail  1 AC 320 where Lord Steyn said that ‘accused’ in section 1 of the 1989 Act is not a term of art.
Latin, 'in the matter of'.
More definitions of in reDefinition of in re in:
- The US English dictionary