adverb & adjective
- 1In the original place: [as adverb]: frescoes have been left in situ [as adjective]: a collection of in situ pumping enginesMore example sentences
- The archaeologists were able to date the vase because it was found in situ.
- Her mission is preserving populations of native rock grape plants in situ, on site in their native habitat, as part of an ecological preserve.
- 1.1In the appropriate position: [as adverb]: her guests were all in situMore example sentences
- These facilities are now in situ with a planned operational date in October.
More definitions of in situDefinition of in situ in:
- The US English dictionary