1Too small or insignificant to be valued or perceived: they are few in number and those numbers are inappreciable
More example sentences
- He found that during the 1944-1991 interval the period was constant, but also indicated that there was an inappreciable fluctuation around 1989.
- The production of this power, from the time of establishing the water columns in the mechanical structure termed by the inventor his ‘multiplicator,’ occupied an inappreciable period of time.
- It has been contended, however, by Prof. Helmholtz, that inappreciable as may be its effect within known periods of time, the friction of the tidal wave must be slowly diminishing the Earth's rotatory motion, and must eventually destroy it.
imperceptible, barely perceptible, minute, tiny, minuscule, slight, small, infinitesimal, microscopic, nanoscopic;
insignificant, inconsequential, unimportant, immaterial, negligible, petty, trivial, trifling, minor, paltry, of no account, not worth mentioning, not worth bothering about
informal piddling, piffling
- Example sentences
- A survey conducted by Binh Duong Daily on April 29 morning showed that provincial rice prices decrease inappreciably over other provinces and cities.
- In all observed cell types, invasion rates varied inappreciably.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|appre|ciable
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.