- 1Existing from birth: an inborn defect in the formation of collagenMore example sentences
- There is a high frequency of inborn defects of respiratory organs and bronchiectasis.
- There are three main categories of congenital problems to be considered in pediatric patients: congenital malformations, inborn errors of metabolism, and other inherited disorders.
- Apart from these inborn defects, deprivation of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) at any time of life interferes with a step in collagen synthesis; the resulting bleeding, bruising, and poor healing are part of the picture of scurvy.
- 1.1Natural to a person or animal: people think doctors have inborn compassionMore example sentences
innate, congenital, existing from birth; inherent, inherited, hereditary, in the family, in one's genes, bred in the bone, inbred; natural, native, constitutional, deep-seated, deep-rooted, ingrained, in one's blood, inbuilt, instinctive, instinctual, unlearned
- Loewe, from Spain, leads the path of luxurious elegance reserved for those women possessing natural, inborn style, who want to look refined and elegant, but not extravagant or overdone.
- We have a natural, inborn tendency to try to be ‘nice guys’ even though this is absolutely contrary to anything that really works with women!
- All human beings (except for the handful of deviants who call themselves naturalists) have an inborn sense of shame.