- A soil of an order comprising freely draining soils in which the formation of distinct horizons is not far advanced, such as brown earth.More example sentences
- These palaeosols would be classified as entisols and inceptisols using modern soil taxonomy nomenclature, soils typical of very immature fluvial exposure surfaces.
- In this paper, nearly 700 in situ fossil trees are described from 13 entisol or inceptisol horizons in the mid-Tournaisian Albert Formation at Norton, near Sussex, New Brunswick, Canada.
- The diversity of inceptisols creates problems with attempts to generalize their geographic distribution.
1960s: from Latin inceptum 'beginning' (from the verb incipere) + -sol.
More definitions of inceptisolDefinition of inceptisol in:
- The US English dictionary