Definition of incessant in English:
(Of something regarded as unpleasant) continuing without pause or interruption: the incessant beat of the music
More example sentences
- The ordeal was far from over with incessant rain beating down mercilessly upon the operation.
- The bad condition of city roads is because of the almost incessant rain, often heavy, ever since June.
- These sounds are fused with the latest Hindi film music, but the incessant drum beating never stops.
ceaseless, unceasing, constant, continual, unabating, interminable, endless, unending, never-ending, everlasting, eternal, perpetual, continuous, non-stop, uninterrupted, unbroken, ongoing, unremitting, persistent, relentless, unrelenting, unrelieved, sustained, unflagging, unwearying, untiring;
- Example sentences
- But now fatigue a little deadened him to that incessancy of life, it seemed now just an eternal circling.
- Second, speed, flexibility, and incessancy of market activity have replaced the scheduled rhythm of the factory floor.
- After 20 years, Mary Byrne, teacher at the model school of the New York Training School for Teachers, began to fear the incessancy of this schoolteacher's routine.
- Example sentences
- I had friends outside of the high school ‘bubble,’ and I molded myself into who I wanted to be without the incessantness of high school peer pressure.
- The characters drink Martinis and dress in silvery-suave style, but they also talk with a nervous, imploring incessantness, microanalyzing the rules and rituals of love in the '90s. The director captures something hilarious and touching - a new attitude of wistful modesty on the part of young macho cruisers.
Words that rhyme with incessantacquiescent, adolescent, albescent, Besant, coalescent, confessant, convalescent, crescent, depressant, effervescent, erubescent, evanescent, excrescent, flavescent, fluorescent, immunosuppressant, incandescent, iridescent, juvenescent, lactescent, liquescent, luminescent, nigrescent, obsolescent, opalescent, pearlescent, phosphorescent, pubescent, putrescent, quiescent, suppressant, tumescent, turgescent, virescent, viridescent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan