1The period over which eggs, cells, etc. are incubated.
- We found negative effects of blood parasites only during the incubation period: higher probability of clutch desertion or lower hatching success.
- Females were trapped during the last days of the incubation period or just after hatching, whereas males were trapped just after hatching.
- Furthermore, the length of the incubation period may be reduced by embryonic development during the laying period, which also would decrease the exposure time to predators.
1.1The period between exposure to an infection and the appearance of the first symptoms: hepatitis B has an incubation period of 30 to 180 days
More example sentences
- The time between catching the infection and the start of symptoms - the incubation period - is usually about a day.
- Gonococcal urethritis, which is usually symptomatic in men, is especially useful in risk determination because the infection has a short incubation period.
- The disease has a long incubation period and few dementia-related deaths in the US are investigated.
Definition of incubation period in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.