- (Of a noun, pronoun, or adjective in a highly inflected language) having no inflections.More example sentences
- The verbal indeclinable participle may be formed from transitive and intransitive verbs.
- The Adverbial Compounds generally take the neuter gender and are indeclinable.
- In the absence of a declension class (indeclinable nouns), neuter agreement is assigned.
late Middle English: via French from Latin indeclinabilis, from in- 'not' + declinabilis 'able to be inflected' (see decline).
More definitions of indeclinableDefinition of indeclinable in:
- The US English dictionary