1Not able to be proved or demonstrated.
- Recognizing the indemonstrable is a necessary precursor to understanding the nature of a parable.
- They claim the bench of science as judge, yet make indemonstrable statements of faith (the god of Chance).
- You beg the question by merely reasserting that God's existence is indemonstrable.
1.1 Philosophy (Of a truth) axiomatic and hence unprovable.
- Part of the issue rests on the requirement that first principles, which assert primary, indemonstrable attributes of their subjects, be necessary truths.
- Dedekind regards this principle as being essentially indemonstrable; he ascribes to it, rather, the status of an axiom ‘by which we attribute to the line its continuity, by which we think continuity into the line.’
- So the real, indemonstrable axioms are identical propositions.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|dem¦on|strable
Definition of indemonstrable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.