1Not able to be definitely ascertained, calculated, or identified: a woman of indeterminable age
More example sentences
- A girl of indeterminable age stood behind her, a grin on her face.
- Clean shaven and bald, save for a jet black goatee upon his chin, his age was nearly indeterminable.
- Cal's new doctor was a tall Indian of indeterminable age, anywhere from late twenties to equally late forties.
1.1(Of a dispute or difficulty) not able to be resolved.
- Example sentences
- However, in reality nature is indeterminably more powerful than we are, and she will have the last laugh.
- At some indeterminably distant point, a band of dark cloud hovers, apparently held between twin fingers of ice and sky.
- This has been an indeterminably long week of waiting.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|de¦ter¦min|able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.