Not able to be identified as different or distinct: the counterfeit bills were virtually indistinguishable from the real thing
More example sentences
- Their mannerisms are alike, their voices indistinguishable, their gaits identical.
- In quantum theory, identical particles are also indistinguishable particles.
- Although seen as toys, many are indistinguishable from real weapons unless you hold them and examine their workings.
identical, almost identical, the same, alike, very similar;
informal as like as two peas in a pod, like Tweedledum and Tweedledee
unintelligible, incomprehensible, hard to understand, hard to make out, indistinct, unclear, indefinite;
- Example sentences
- The problem is lack of variety: one song merges indistinguishably into another, the surfeit of emotion sounding more maudlin by the minute.
- New paint will mingle indistinguishably with the previous layer.
- The album's mixing is muddy, with the instrumentation indistinguishably blending together.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.