- another term for noble gas.More example sentences
- Krypton is the fourth member of Group 18 of the periodic table, a group of elements known as the noble gases or inert gases.
- Fluorine gas, diluted with an inert gas such as nitrogen, can now be used to fluorinate selectively a range of systems by simply passing this gaseous mixture through a cold solution of the substrate in formic or other acid.
- Natural gas contains other compounds than hydrocarbons, including significant quantities of gases such as carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and hydrogen sulphide and traces of inert gases such as helium.
More definitions of inert gasDefinition of inert gas in:
- The US English dictionary