- A small localized area of dead tissue resulting from failure of blood supply.More example sentences
- Lungs were examined for pneumonia, fibrosis, and infarcts and for atherosclerosis, thrombi, and intraluminal fibrous webs in large pulmonary arteries.
- A computed tomographic scan of the head demonstrated a superior sagittal sinus thrombosis and bilateral hemorrhagic infarcts of the parietal lobes.
- Remote infarct or ischemic lesions were identified in 24 resections.
late 19th century: from modern Latin infarctus, from infarcire 'stuff into or with', from in- 'into' + Latin farcire 'to stuff'.
More definitions of infarctDefinition of infarct in:
- The US English dictionary