Unfortunate; inappropriate: his illustration is singularly infelicitous
More example sentences
- Finally, do not feel unfortunate or infelicitous.
- Second, the Employment Tribunal's decision should be read generously and not overturned merely because of infelicitous or inappropriate statements which were looking at the matter in the round, of an inessential nature.
- ‘I think we need ‘Insensitivity Training’ to equip people to get through life without freaking out every time somebody opens their mouth and says something slightly infelicitous.’
- Example sentences
- After the war, Smith convinced prohibitionists to organize within the infelicitously named Anti-Dramshop Party.
- My own views, however infelicitously expressed, are more definitive and negative than yours.
- Second, the felicity, if I may infelicitously use the word, of death is zero.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|fe¦li¦ci|tous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.