noun[mass noun] • archaic
- The state of living in a particular place, especially during a specified period so as to acquire certain rights: he built a cottage to give an air of cheerfulness and inhabitancy to the sceneMore example sentences
- North Vancouver's Presentation House Gallery is exhibiting a group of contemporary photographs exploring human inhabitance on the landscape until May 30.
- Leaving it five days instead told my mom I was as interested and pleased to be in Honourshill as I had been in any of our other towns of inhabitancy.
- She was leading the mare through the trees, searching as usual for a good tree to climb and those evasive signs of inhabitance when the horse stopped.
More definitions of inhabitancyDefinition of inhabitancy in:
- The US English dictionary