Not forming or contributing to a pleasing whole; discordant: an inharmonious, negative state of mind
More example sentences
- One of the major factors is the issue of inharmonious industrial relations at work places which quite often has led to work stoppages.
- Having removed every inconsistency from the sacred constitutions, hitherto inharmonious and confused, we extended our care to the immense volumes of the older jurisprudence…
- Next comes Mars, designated to Aries and Scorpio because, according to Ptolemy, they are agreeable to its destructive and inharmonious nature, and form a hostile square aspect to the ‘houses’ of the luminaries.
out of place, unsuitable, inappropriate, ill suited, clashing, conflicting, incompatible, mismatched, ill-matched, contradictory, irreconcilable, jarring, discordant
antagonistic, quarrelsome, argumentative, disputatious, captious, cantankerous, confrontational, belligerent, bellicose, combative
- Example sentences
- To dance to imaginary rain gods or to chant and pray for a child dying of bacterial infection is not to live harmoniously with nature; it is to live most inharmoniously.
- His personal insecurities inharmoniously co-exist with a driving purpose.
- And each lurched inward, inharmoniously with its neighbors, in the grip of the overall magnetic field.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|har¦mo¦ni|ous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.