Without compassion for misery or suffering; cruel: confining wild horses is inhumane
More example sentences
- If those who have the power to change this law have listened to my story, then I hope they will see that the law is cruel, barbaric and inhumane.
- Brutal, cruel, inhumane and disturbing violence happens all over the world.
- He has been treated in a cruel, inhumane and degrading manner, he wants the authorities to answer for that.
cruel, harsh, brutal, callous, sadistic, severe, savage, vicious, barbaric, barbarous; bestial, monstrous, inhuman, fiendish, diabolical, evil, wicked, heinous; merciless, ruthless, pitiless, unpitying, remorseless, cold-blooded, heartless, hard-hearted, stone-hearted, with a heart of stone, unforgiving; unkind, unkindly, inconsiderate, unsympathetic, unfeeling, uncaring
informal hard-boiled, hard-nosed
British informal , dated beastly
- More example sentences
- See, it's important to me as a consumer that the food on my plate has not raised inhumanely.
- They are said to have inhumanely treated internees, who sustained injuries following repeated assaults.
- They've been picked out and treated very inhumanely, without a chance to rectify a mistake or correct their status.