- The act of offering the stock of a company on a public stock exchange for the first time.More example sentences
- When stocks are soaring and initial public offerings are raking in the money, it can seem like a bull market will never end.
- Just a couple of years ago, initial public offerings and other equity offerings were glorious, champagne-drenched occasions.
- The past year has seen four initial public offerings of media stocks, and three more are expected by year end.
More definitions of initial public offeringDefinition of initial public offering in:
- The US English dictionary