- 1The most sacred place in a temple or church.More example sentences
- In 1949, on his way to meet Yogaswami, Gurudeva had a vision of the 77-year-old sage inside Nallur Temple's inner sanctum during puja.
- Devotees must know the position of the sun when observing their religious rituals, and their temples contain an inner sanctum in which burns a perpetual fire.
- This recently renovated Vaishnavite Temple consists of seven concentric rectangular enclosures around the inner sanctum in a walled area of 156 acres.
- 1.1A private or secret place to which few other people are admitted: he walked into the inner sanctum of the editor’s officeMore example sentences
- There are no visitors allowed in the public galleries, the street is blocked off by barriers and you need to put your bag through an airport security machine to be admitted to the inner sanctum.
- As if with a reclusive royal potentate, power is held by those who have access to him in his private inner sanctum.
- It rewrote its rules to make sure outsiders weren't admitted to the inner sanctum so it could keep control of which way the medium went.
More definitions of inner sanctumDefinition of inner sanctum in:
- The US English dictionary