Definition of insightful in English:
Having or showing an accurate and deep understanding; perceptive: thank you for all the insightful comments I don’t have anything insightful to say about that
More example sentences
- Bear with me; I am not having the usual fascinating, insightful thoughts at the moment.
- I also appreciate the insightful comments received from the anonymous reviewers.
- The only drawback is that the opinions of the cast and crew are not particularly profound or insightful.
intuitive, perceptive, discerning, penetrating, penetrative, astute, percipient, perspicacious, sagacious, wise, judicious, shrewd, sharp, sharp-witted, razor-sharp, keen, incisive, acute, imaginative, appreciative, intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive, deep, profound;
North American informal whip-smart
- Example sentences
- He has also written insightfully on forest conservation, urging a creative synthesis between the ‘practical knowledge’ of peasants and the ‘latest scientific knowledge’ of the State.
- Wrapped in its national myths of splendid isolation and blessed innocence (chronicled insightfully by Herman Melville and Henry James), it held out.
- Overall, these individual narratives were insightfully blended together, resulting in an extremely coherent though complex and conceptually strong exhibition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.