- Having or showing an accurate and deep understanding; perceptive: thank you for all the insightful comments I don’t have anything insightful to say about thatMore example sentences
intuitive, perceptive, discerning, penetrating, penetrative, astute, percipient, perspicacious, sagacious, wise, judicious, shrewd, sharp, sharp-witted, razor-sharp, keen, incisive, acute, imaginative, appreciative, intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive, deep, profound; visionary, far-sighted, prescient• informal savvyNorth American • informal whip-smart
- Bear with me; I am not having the usual fascinating, insightful thoughts at the moment.
- I also appreciate the insightful comments received from the anonymous reviewers.
- The only drawback is that the opinions of the cast and crew are not particularly profound or insightful.
- More example sentences
- He has also written insightfully on forest conservation, urging a creative synthesis between the ‘practical knowledge’ of peasants and the ‘latest scientific knowledge’ of the State.
- Wrapped in its national myths of splendid isolation and blessed innocence (chronicled insightfully by Herman Melville and Henry James), it held out.
- Overall, these individual narratives were insightfully blended together, resulting in an extremely coherent though complex and conceptually strong exhibition.