- 1 old-fashioned term for court of first instance.More example sentences
- This section requires a judgment by the first instance court, here the Magistrate, as to the overall fairness, in all the circumstances, of admitting the evidence.
- It is difficult to see why the power given to the arbitral tribunal to continue proceedings should extend to an application to the first instance court but not beyond.
- In those circumstances it is more appropriately dealt with by a first instance court.
- 1.1 (Instance Court) (In the UK) a branch of the former Admiralty Court dealing with private maritime matters.More example sentences
- The Instance Court likewise regulates many other points of maritime law, such as disputes between part-owners of vessels, and questions relating to salvage.