- A message sent via the Internet that appears on the recipient’s screen as soon as it is transmitted.More example sentences
- Eventually I put a block on her instant messages.
- Kind of like a presence indicator for the instant message session itself.
- I can talk to my staff, see them on video, I can detect their presence, email or instant message them.
verb(instant-message) [with object] Back to top
- Send (someone) an instant message.More example sentences
- You can instant message 24/7 with our trained coaches.
- When a new name pops into the chat room, you automatically instant-message a hello.
- They compile coed Buddy Lists on their computer screens and think nothing of instant-messaging guys or calling them on the phone.
More definitions of instant messageDefinition of instant message in:
- The US English dictionary