- A language or form of language having features of two others, typically a pidgin or a version produced by a foreign learner: the interlanguage of Dutch learners of FrenchMore example sentences
- The usual source of crosslinguistic influence in the interlanguage of a person learning a first foreign language is quite obviously his/her L1.
- This article seeks to establish connections between two different language contact phenomena, interlanguage and codeswitching.
- Immigrant varieties have developed, such as Toronto's Italese, an interlanguage resulting from three generations of contact between Italian and English.
More definitions of interlanguageDefinition of interlanguage in:
- The US English dictionary