1 another term for single market.
- Obstacles identified by included a lack of integration of the internal market for financial products and the implications of diverging supervisory rules and practices for large cross-border financial groups.
- It is, in reality, a de facto levy perpetrated on Irish consumers to restrict competition and the working of the EU internal market.
- Lisbon also focuses on removing the barriers to the internal market and developing better regulatory practices so that businesses can expand and trade more easily.
2(In the UK) a system of decentralized funding in the National Health Service whereby hospital departments purchase each other’s services contractually.
- After all, Clarke served as a minister throughout 18 years of Conservative government and was responsible for introducing the internal market into the National Health Service.
- Setting up internal markets to make hospitals and jails better and cheaper not only does not work, but it gives capitalism a bad name, he said.
- But, as illustrated by electricity in California, trains in Britain, and the internal market in the NHS, not any competition will do.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|tern¦al mar¦ket
Definition of internal market in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.