- Relating to stimuli produced within an organism, especially in the gut and other internal organs. Compare with exteroceptive.More example sentences
- The brainstem and CVO pathways appear to communicate interoceptive stimuli, in that these pathways emanate from structures involved in autonomic regulation and surveillance of blood- or CSF-borne factors.
- Plans for actions are floated, emotional states begin and both of these feed back into my sensory cortex through the proprioceptive and interoceptive systems respectively.
- Overall, the ascending brainstem pathways allow for rapid, often direct transmission of interoceptive, arousal, and pain information to the PVN.
More definitions of interoceptiveDefinition of interoceptive in:
- The US English dictionary