(Of computer systems or software) able to exchange and make use of information.
- The company says the software will also be interoperable with Java application server standards.
- Network new product development goes beyond just using interoperable software.
- The basic picture is that we have a groups of families of interoperable software tools with lots of overlap.
- Example sentences
- Patent holders are not required to make an all-comers general license available to parties who want to write software that interoperates with the patented process.
- Besides functionality, merits include the copyright and patent policies attached to a product, and the disclosure of file formats and communication protocols so that other software may interoperate.
- As a result of this acquisition process, their voice and data communications systems cannot interoperate, and their databases cannot share information.
Definition of interoperable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.