Definition of interpreter in English:
1A person who interprets, especially one who translates speech orally or into sign language.
- The pair sat in the dock flanked by four police officers and the proceedings were translated by an interpreter.
- Only a few cinemas were equipped with earphones through which to hear interpreters translating the dialogues in the films for the audiences.
- MIT students recruited as interpreters will provide translations.
2 Computing A program that can analyse and execute a program line by line.
- The check is aimed at ensuring that no incongruent code is executed by the filter interpreter.
- The resulting machine code is stored in memory and lost when the interpreter terminates.
- The first line ensures that we run the Ruby interpreter, regardless of where it might be in our path.
Words that rhyme with interpretermisinterpreter
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.