Definition of intradermal in English:
Situated or applied within the layers of the skin.
- Serum antibodies, direct urine measurement, and intradermal skin tests for mold sensitivity demonstrated a high correlation with exposure and with alteration of the immune system.
- These results suggest that penicillin can be given safely to patients with negative intradermal skin tests to penicillin.
- Colonization was defined as having more than 15 colony-forming units of a pathogenic organism on the intradermal part of the catheter, as indicated by the semiquantitative roll-plate technique.
- Example sentences
- A gamma radiation emitting sulphur colloid is injected around the tumour before the operation, and a vital blue dye (isosulphan blue) is injected intradermally at the time of surgery.
- The administration of recombinant hepatitis B vaccine intradermally in nonresponders may reduce this risk.
- Poor glycaemic control was attributed to faulty insulin injection technique, leading to the insulin being given intradermally.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan