- Situated or taking place within, or administered into, a muscle: an intramuscular injectionMore example sentences
- The intramuscular vaccine should be administered in the deltoid muscle and can be administered with other vaccines.
- The interferon is given via subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous route.
- Among hospitals giving intramuscular injections to term neonates, no differences were noted on the basis of infant feeding practices.
- More example sentences
- Level II defines more complex procedures in which perioperative medication and sedation are used intravenously, intramuscularly, or rectally.
- These vaccines are inactivated and should be administered intramuscularly into the deltoid muscle.
- It is widely known that patients with coagulation disorders should be given parenteral vaccines by the deep subcutaneous route and not intramuscularly because of the risk of bleeding.
More definitions of intramuscularDefinition of intramuscular in:
- The US English dictionary