Definition of intravascular in English:
adjectiveMedicine & Biology
Situated or occurring within a vessel or vessels of an animal or plant, especially within a blood vessel or blood vascular system: intravascular coagulation
More example sentences
- Cultures of blood, sputum, intravascular catheter tips, and wounds were used to confirm the presence of bacteria.
- One of the main sources of nosocomial bloodstream infections is intravascular catheters.
- She was treated for septic shock followed by disseminated intravascular coagulation and multiorgan system failure.
- Example sentences
- They have been delivered intravascularly, intramuscularly, or transtracheally in a naked form or with the help of a vector, either viral or nonviral.
- Medications often are given intravascularly or directly into an organ, quickly triggering an event.
- To exert a hemostatic effect, an appropriate dose of transfused platelets needs to circulate intravascularly for an adequate time (platelet survival).
Definition of intravascular in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan