Existing or taking place within, or administered into, a vein or veins: an intravenous drip
More example sentences
- One of the most commonly used medical devices in hospital patients are peripheral intravenous catheters.
- Chemotherapy may be administered either systemically via the oral or intravenous route or by hepatic infusion.
- An old man sits on the street administering an intravenous drip to himself.
- Example sentences
- If we try to give gene therapy intravenously, it probably won't make it to all the tumour cells.
- This regimen advises that an initial dose of insulin be given intravenously and intramuscularly.
- Technically, it is easier to administer fluids subcutaneously than intravenously.
Words that rhyme with intravenousgenus, Maecenas, Malvinas, Salinas, venous, Venus
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: intra|ven¦ous
Definition of intravenous in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.