- Remember do not get overly concerned, basic common sense and intuition are your best guide.
- She uses her acting abilities and intuition to bluff foes out of their clothes.
- I've heard it vaguely before, and it exposes a hole in my understanding and intuition, if true.
- Subjective insights, intuitions and hunches fall into this category of knowledge.
- As an illustration, consider our intuitions about brain-transplants.
- The work is an attempt to say something interesting by exploring the author's hunches and intuitions.
- Example sentences
- There had been something that had been bothering me for a while that I had refused to acknowledge: Why had Wade been acting the way he was after I had called him on a intuitional feeling I had about him and a grudge against me?
- These included his versions of the strong law of large numbers and the law of the iterated logarithm, some generalisations of the operations of differentiation and integration, and a contribution to intuitional logic.
- There is the 38-day intuitional cycle, the 43-day aesthetic cycle, and the 53-day spiritual cycle.
Late Middle English (denoting spiritual insight or immediate spiritual communication): from late Latin intuitio(n-), from Latin intueri 'consider' (see intuit).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in¦tu|ition
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.