Definition of inverter in English:
1An apparatus which converts direct current into alternating current.
- An electronic inverter converts the direct-current power from the solar panel to usable house current.
- The inverter converts the direct current produced by the solar panels into AC power that can be used in the home or fed back into a utility power grid system.
- An integral inverter changes the direct current to alternating current for transmission into the facility's electrical distribution systems.
2 Electronics A device that converts either of the two binary digits or signals into the other.
- I bought a couple of inverters, slim metal discs that sit on the data ports and change true signals to false, and false signals to true.
- The inverters supplied with the Vantec tubes support two devices, so we plugged both the long tubes into that.
- Current controller for controlling a current flowing in a load using a PWM inverter and method used thereby
Definition of inverter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan