Definition of iodize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective iodized)
Treat or impregnate with iodine.
- Sadly, the most easily-attainable sources for iodine are iodized salt and sea products, both of which can be taboo for pregnant women.
- Iodized salt has almost eliminated the condition called ‘goitre’ in those countries where iodized salt is used, including the UK.
- However, the overall results show that about 40 per cent individual bad iodine excretion values below the cut-off point 18 indicating the consumption of inadequately iodized salt.
- Example sentences
- Within 2.5 years after the introduction of compulsory iodisation at an elevated iodine concentration, at least 62% of households were using adequately iodised salt.
- Other methods of water treatment are ozonization, distillation, boiling, and iodization - all suitable only for small-scale purification.
- He believes that with the right commitment and effort from the Indonesian government, the country can achieve universal salt iodization.
Words that rhyme with iodizepropagandize • periodize
Definition of iodize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan