verb[with object] (usually as adjective iodized)
Treat or impregnate with iodine.
More example sentences
- Sadly, the most easily-attainable sources for iodine are iodized salt and sea products, both of which can be taboo for pregnant women.
- Iodized salt has almost eliminated the condition called ‘goitre’ in those countries where iodized salt is used, including the UK.
- However, the overall results show that about 40 per cent individual bad iodine excretion values below the cut-off point 18 indicating the consumption of inadequately iodized salt.
- More example sentences
- Within 2.5 years after the introduction of compulsory iodisation at an elevated iodine concentration, at least 62% of households were using adequately iodised salt.
- Other methods of water treatment are ozonization, distillation, boiling, and iodization - all suitable only for small-scale purification.
- He believes that with the right commitment and effort from the Indonesian government, the country can achieve universal salt iodization.
Definition of iodize in:
- The US English dictionary