- Belonging to or occurring on the same side of the body.More example sentences
- If we could not find a unique single motor unit potential on the same side, the ipsilateral hypoglossal nerve was sectioned, and that half of the muscle became silent.
- In case 4, the carcinomas in the submandibular gland and ipsilateral tonsil, the latter including an in situ component, were histologically similar keratinizing squamous tumors.
- In intrathecal post-treatment group rats, although the number of FLI neurons of ipsilateral side decreased in the whole area of L4-5, there was no significant difference compared to control group.
early 20th century: formed irregularly from Latin ipse 'self' + lateral.
More definitions of ipsilateralDefinition of ipsilateral in:
- The US English dictionary