noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the iris of the eye.More example sentences
- The most common type of uveitis is an inflammation of the iris called iritis (anterior uveitis).
- The most common cause of iritis is juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Scratchy, well defined pain indicates a corneal problem, whereas a dull, deeper pain usually indicates a more serious condition (such as acute angle closure glaucoma, iritis, or scleritis).
More definitions of iritisDefinition of iritis in:
- The US English dictionary