Definition of irrationalism in English:
A system of belief or action that disregards or contradicts rational principles.
- In this sense, perhaps the best way to fight irrationalism is by promoting rationalism.
- But toward the end of his life, irrationalism has become an ideology.
- Overnight, the tendency of naturalistic rationalism to decay into postmodern irrationalism became a national joke.
irrationalist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- The ‘logic’ offered, which would have pleased the irrationalists to no end, goes something like this.
- On a different plane, Gramsci himself had not been spared the influence of some irrationalist trends.
- The Greens and Democrats have become two variants of the economic irrationalist left.
Definition of irrationalism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan