Beyond criticism; faultless: his private life was irreproachable
More example sentences
- More than his divine powers, his glorious heritage or his incredible prowess was his unblemished, untarnished, irreproachable character.
- After announcing his ‘retirement’, he came back determined to attach himself only to projects of irreproachable aesthetic integrity.
- He acknowledges the cheers of his back benches, flicks an invisible speck from his irreproachable Paul Smith sleeve and saunters off back to Downing Street.
impeccable, exemplary, model, copybook, immaculate, outstanding, exceptional, admirable, meritorious, honourable, consummate, perfect, ideal;
above reproach, beyond reproach, blameless, faultless, flawless, guiltless, unimpeachable, unblemished, untarnished, stainless, spotless, pure, sinless, innocent
- Example sentences
- The songs are irreproachably written and rhapsodically performed, and yet they remain incarcerated within the shackles of influence.
- A full day's worth of irreproachably good food, courtesy of your local supermarkets, beginning with breakfast.
- A true classic with a unique character and irreproachably consistent taste, its name alone conjures up a whole world of flavour.
Mid 17th century: from French irreprochable, from in- 'not' + reprochable (from reprocher 'to reproach').
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ir|re¦proach|able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.