Definition of irresponsible in English:
(Of a person, attitude, or action) not showing a proper sense of responsibility: [with infinitive]: it would have been irresponsible just to drive on
More example sentences
- We are appalled at the irresponsible attitude you have displayed in condoning such anti-social behaviour.
- I think they are evading their responsibility in a grossly irresponsible way.
- And additional spending of that nature is seen to be fiscally irresponsible.
reckless, rash, careless, thoughtless, incautious, unwise, imprudent, ill-advised, ill-considered, injudicious, misguided, heedless, unheeding, inattentive, hasty, overhasty, precipitate, precipitous, wild, foolhardy, impetuous, impulsive, daredevil, devil-may-care, hot-headed, negligent, delinquent, neglectful, remiss, careless of one's duty, lax, slack, uncaring, casual, insouciant;
North American derelict
immature, naive, foolish, hare-brained, feather-brained;
informal harum-scarum, slap-happy
- Example sentences
- Without them, Bradford would disappear under an ocean of litter thanks to the thoughtlessness and irresponsibility of others.
- But we're not here to talk about reckless paranoia and fiscal irresponsibility.
- So I have vowed to become less tolerant of stupidity and irresponsibility than I have been.
- Example sentences
- But what if the people, collectively, behave as irresponsibly as their elected officials are sometimes wont to do?
- Unlike the greedy profiteers and corporate chieftains who actually made money on those stocks, we were not acting irresponsibly.
- He acted irresponsibly, and way over the top for that sort of situation.
Words that rhyme with irresponsibleresponsible
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India