1A small island.
- Two days later we are building a small driftwood fire on a tiny islet in the Barrier Islands a mile out into the open North Pacific.
- From the air the tiny islets of Funafuti atoll appear as a broken pearl necklace scattered on the blue throat of the tropical sea.
- Plans to build a house on an uninhabited islet off the south of Sanday were turned down by islands' councillors on Thursday morning.
2 Anatomy A portion of tissue structurally distinct from surrounding tissues.
- The center brings together Emory University's transplantation programs in heart, lung, liver, kidney, pancreas and islet.
- If you obtain this tissue at a very defined point in time, then you can see development into islets.
- The tissue sections and the isolated islets of rats and monkeys were stained with haematoxylin.
2.1 (islets) short for islets of Langerhans.
- Finally, in some transplanted patients, donor islets function well initially, but in time diabetes recurs.
- Specific tests were used to identify rat and monkey islets after isolation.
- It resides in masses of tissue in the pancreas called islets.
Words that rhyme with isleteyelet, stylet, twilit
Definition of islet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.