- A system of physical exercises in which muscles are caused to act against each other or against a fixed object.More example sentences
- This reaction occurs during activities that require a rapid and maximum application of force for a short duration, such as during isometrics and heavy weight training.
- High-tech isometrics helps persons on hypertension medication
- You can also exercise some of your body muscles while playing poker - basically using isometrics and taking a brisk walk every so often as a break from the table.
More definitions of isometricsDefinition of isometrics in:
- The US English dictionary