- A compound containing the group —N=C=S as a substituent or ligand.More example sentences
- Raw cabbage is rich in glucosinolate, which fermentation breaks down into isothiocyanates and other cancer-fighting compounds.
- The pungency of wasabi, horseradish, Brussels sprouts, and mustards comes from compounds called isothiocyanates.
- Broccoli, cabbage and other members of the brassica family contain sulforaphane as well as indoles and isothiocyanates, which appear to fight various cancers.
More definitions of isothiocyanateDefinition of isothiocyanate in:
- The US English dictionary