Definition of iteration in English:
1The repetition of a process or utterance.
- The most dramatic iteration came on the floor of the Senate, when he made it the centerpiece of a carefully prepared 20-minute oration.
- If I may repeat my iteration from an earlier post.
- Write a program for policy iteration and re-solve Jack's car rental problem with the following changes.
1.1Repetition of a mathematical or computational procedure applied to the result of a previous application, typically as a means of obtaining successively closer approximations to the solution of a problem.
- This factor analysis was based on the combined normative samples using principal factoring with iteration plus orthogonal rotation.
- Convergence is declared when the relative change in likelihood between successive iterations is less than a user-defined threshold.
- In successive iterations, the depth of the model also increases.
1.2 [count noun] A new version of a piece of computer hardware or software.
- By contrast, a traditional microprocessor would have had to run many iterations of the software to come up with the answer.
- Frequently there are a number of iterations, and the development cycle is lengthened and deadlines missed.
- We also rebooted between test iterations to clear out disk and memory caches.
Definition of iteration in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.