(also jalapeño pepper)
noun (plural jalapeños)
- A very hot green chilli pepper, used especially in Mexican-style cooking: order extra jalapeños on the side [mass noun]: arrange the garlic and jalapeño in a layer [as modifier]: a jalapeño dressingMore example sentences
- The Viva Zapata, with its cargo of refried beans, melty Cheddar and pickled jalapeños, comes off like an unexpectedly delicious nacho pie.
- The meat soaks in the spice rub, bringing up a zesty kick of black pepper, jalapeño, and minced ginger.
- He blends the fruit with lime, red onions, chilies, jalapeños and tomatoes, creating an intense, produce-based, rich Mexican butter with, as the menu reminds you, 12 vitamins.
from Mexican Spanish (chile) jalapeño.
More definitions of jalapeñoDefinition of jalapeño in:
- The US English dictionary