noun (plural jennies)
- 1A female donkey or ass.More example sentences
- Both jennies have foals each year which the couple sell on to fellow donkey lovers.
- The ‘boys’ are pastured adjacent to the mares and jennies, and electric fencing keeps everybody back.
- The first solution to this bottleneck appeared around 1765 when James Hargreaves, a carpenter by trade, invented his cotton-spinning jenny.
early 17th century (used to denote a female mammal or bird): pet form of the given name Janet (compare with jack1).
More definitions of jennyDefinition of jenny in:
- The US English dictionary