- A long-tailed burrowing rodent related to the gerbils, found in deserts and steppes from North Africa to China.
More example sentences
- Genus Meriones, family Muridae: several species
- Popular names are Mongolian gerbil and clawed jird.
- Most bushy tail jirds welcome cage companions but they treat humans like part of their terrain to be explored.
- Male jirds naturally spend most of their time above ground and can be housed in a cage or tank.
from Berber (a)gherda.
More definitions of jirdDefinition of jird in:
- The US English dictionary