1(Of handwriting) written with the characters joined; cursive.
- ‘I can't do joined-up writing anymore so every word of this book was written in capitals,’ he explains.
- ‘Headman Mostephus taught me to read joined-up letters while we were here,’ Alima cajoled.
- People will use joined-up writing - even when they're told not to.
1.1(Especially of a policy) characterized by coordination and coherence of thought; integrated: a joined-up approach to rural poverty, public services and employment he blamed the problem on a lack of joined-up thinking
More example sentences
- It is disappointing there has been no joined-up thinking.
- Arguably, Limerick has the most expansive joined-up area of disadvantage that exists in the country.
- ‘We need joined-up thinking [to solve the skills shortage] and a joined up response,’ she said.
Definition of joined-up in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.